Primary objective of SAIPAL is to support the government of Nepal at all levels for adoption of evidence-based policies by providing necessary analytical information and developing their capability in public policy sphere. It also aspires to provide policy related support to the governments and organizations in South Asia. Other specific objectives include:
- Provide technical support in the areas of public policy decisions.
- Conduct high-quality research and produce publications in public policy sphere.
- Enhance the capability for public policy analysis by providing training; organizing workshop, seminar, conferences and public events to improve public policies;
- Enhance leadership capacity by promoting adoption of the evidence-based policies; providing relevant information and skill to policy leaders.
- Promote dialogue and cooperation among scholars, government officials, journalists, business leaders, NGO activists, and the general public in glowing issues and problems faced by the countries in South Asia region.